last posts

Visit Britain – My Ideal Shopping Trip to London

Visit Britain is running a fabulous competition all about “Your ideal shopping Trip to London”.
As a Londoner myself, how can I not write a post about this?
Some of you may know, that I **Hate** going shopping. I am not sure what it is – maybe it is the traipsing around the shop, looking for something specific and just not being able to find it. Ba humbug I say. No shopping for me. I tend to find things by stumbling across them more than anything else.
So. I guess, an ideal shopping trip to London, for me… would have to include some sort of personal shopper (this is an IDEAL shopping trip, right? Fantasies included?!). Ideally, the personal shopper would start off in my house, helping me sort through things I already, finding areas that we could compliment my wardrobe, maybe a pair of lovely new boots or a new top for going out in.
We would then head over (in a cab of course, though I do love the tube), to the big department stores on Oxford Street. Of course Selfridges has rather a lot to offer, but I do like to hunt out a bargain at M&S too. My personal shopper would know where to go.
Visit Britain – My Ideal Shopping Trip to London
We would want to of course stop for some afternoon tea. The is a Secret Tea Room in soho, that is quaint and we love (don’t be distracted by the boy with the bubbly, I have been many times and he has never been there. Ha).
Visit Britain – My Ideal Shopping Trip to London
Then I would love to go to one the galleries and see an exhibition. I do like going with the kids, but on my ideal shopping trip, I would go and see the most AMAZING exhibition ever (of course) and it would be WITHOUT the kids (no whining or saying I am hungry or needing the loo 5 minutes after everyone else has been). The National Gallery usually has something good on.
But of course, we would only go to the gallery after the personal shopper has sent all my shopping home for me with a car. We don’t want to be laden down now, do we Darling?
Finally, to finish the day, I would love to go on a dinner river excursion. And see my wonderful London all lit up. There is nothing more stunning about London than the stretch from Westminster to St Paul’s and Tower Bridge in the evening. LOVELY.
Happy London Shopping everyone!
Comments



Font Size
+
16
-
lines height
+
2
-